Friday, March 13, 2009

Being Rashmi Ranjan Saikia

Rashmi Ranjan Saikia, is my name. Typical middle class name which is often mistaken as a girls name. The name was given to me by mother, whom i adore so much. She used to tell me that in the mornings, when the sun's rays would pass through the ventilator, it was then she got the idea for my name. Rashmi means the rays of the sun and to jingle it, she added Ranjan. Moreover, my fathers name starts with a R. since then, i had this complex about my name being somewhat feminine. I used to complain t my mom and she used to take me in my laps and would say" don't care what others say about you, it is you who is important.

Since then, everywhere people used to make a mockery about my name. earlier in my class tenth, while filling up the examination form, my teacher changes the letter o with a. from then on, my full name was Rashmi Ranjan Saikia. incidentally, i am a firm believer in numerology and my date of birth adds up to 9. coincidentally, the total words in my name is 18, which also adds up to 9. Besides my sun sign is Aries and my date of birth falls on the positive house of mars. these are pretty inconsequential issues. however, the year is 2009 and i feel this is going to be my lucky year. as always.. hope for the best

I am the most misunderstood in my family and this is something related to my upbringing. I have always been demanding to my parents, even then they have never lost their faith on me. In my initial years, i had a number of options and in particularly was bogged down with competitiveness. My distant cousins were good at studies and my parents continuously used to compare m e with them. this laid the foundation of the person who i am now. sometimes i want to break away from the mold and do things, which i like most. even then, somehow i have succeeded in achieving my dreams to a certain extent. I used to run away from responsibilities, but over the years things have certainly changed for good. I constantly used to crave for a soul mate, who could understand me and support me in times of crisis. By gods grace, this is a reality now.

My journey has only just begun and till now i have never lost my hopes. I am firm believer in destiny and the almighty.Practical things do matter but for me the raw emotions is what makes a person important. some things in life never change and this is what makes the journey an important aspect.

1 comment:

Nidhi said...

awesome and very true not every one has guts to say things about there life and mr, you were supposed to tell me a story which is very obvious that u dnt remember but u are a nice guy